Bingo is a simple and fun game that requires you to mark off called numbers. However, you may eventually find yourself in a setting where the calls aren’t so simple. The caller may use phrases like “Cup of Tea,” “Man Alive,” and “Goodbye Teens” to denote specific numbers.
If you are new to the game, the bingo lingo will sound crazy, and you may have no idea what is happening! But you don’t have to feel out of your element when hearing these bingo puns. Funny bingo calls can spice up the action and make the game more enjoyable.
If you’re seeking more fun from this game, check out the following info on bingo number jokes and download our printable bingo calls sheet for free. Then you can have fun playing bingo without any confusion!
What Is The Origin of Bingo Puns & Rhymes?
Modern-day bingo originates in the US, where toy salesman Edwin S. Lowe modified a carnival game called “Beano.”
However, the British are primarily responsible for inventing bingo lingo, including many funny calls, puns, and rhymes.
British service members played bingo during World War II and created nicknames based on military terms.
For example, they called Number 9 “Doctor’s Orders” because of a laxative pill (No. 9) given to soldiers. British troops also coined Number 21 as “Salute” or “Royal Salute” in reference to a 21-gun military salute.
Soldiers weren’t the only Brits coming up with bingo number jokes and rhymes. Londoners developed many bingo puns in the 1950s and 60s. They applied terms that were generally associated with slang or secret messages to bingo.
Why Should You Know Bingo Lingo?
The vocabulary associated with bingo comes from numbers connected to rhymes. Such rhymes and puns seem purely for bingo humor, but they have functionality.
For example, the number 17 can sound like 70. Bingo puns add extra clarification so that each called number is more prominent.
Adding the bingo sayings makes it much easier to determine which space to mark on the bingo card. Learn the bingo lingo and play to win!
List of Funny Bingo Calls for Every Number
Players have invented terms for up to 90 balls—the maximum number used in any game. You can check out the dozens of funny bingo calls below. For some numbers, there are classic and modern versions.
We’ll explain some of these nicknames, especially when the meaning is unclear. Note that some of these terms are rhymes based on the number.
Complete Bingo Calls & Puns List
- Kelly’s Eye – Reference to Australian outlaw Ned Kelly, who had one eye.
- One Little Duck – Shaped like a duck.
- Cup of Tea
- Knock at the Door
- Man Alive
- Half Dozen | Tom Mix – The latter starred in many western movies.
- Lucky Seven – The number 7 is considered lucky in several cultures.
- Garden Gate – British slang for a secret drop-off spot.
- Doctor’s Orders | Get an Uber From Mine
- Boris’s Den – Named after former UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson
- Legs Eleven – This number looks like legs.
- One Dozen
- Unlucky for Some
- Valentine’s Day | Netflix & Chill
- Young and Keen | Yas Qween
- Sweet Sixteen
- Dancing Queen – ABBA’s hit 1976 song.
- Coming of Age
- Goodbye Teens
- Getting Plenty
- Royal Salute
- Two Little Ducks
- Thee and Me | The Lord is My Shepherd – The latter references the Old Testament’s Psalm 23.
- Two Dozen
- Duck and Dive | Quarter Life Crisis
- Half a Crown – A term for two shillings and sixpence.
- Duck and a Crutch
- Overweight | In a State
- Rise and Shine
- Dirty Gertie – Allied soldiers in North Africa commonly sang this song.
- Get Up and Run
- Buckle My Shoe
- All the Threes | Fish, Chips & Peas – The latter phrase is a traditional English dinner.
- Ask for More
- Jump and Jive | It’s a Vibe
- Three Dozen
- More than Eleven
- Christmas Cake | Avocado on a Plate
- Love Island Time | Steps – References an Alfred Hitchcock movie called 39 Steps.
- Life Begins | Naughty Forty
- Time for Fun
- Winnie the Pooh
- Down on Your Knees
- Droopy Drawers
- Halfway There
- Up to Tricks
- Four and Seven
- Four Dozen
- Amazon Prime | PC – References an old British TV show called Adventures of PC 49.
- Half a Century | Blind 50
- Tweak of the Thumb
- Deck of Cards | Brunch For Two | Danny La Rue – The latter was a cross-dressing Irish singer.
- Here’s The Tea | Stuck in the Tree | Here Comes Herbie – Number of the VW Beetle Herbie, a car appearing in 1960s Disney films.
- Man at the Door | Clean The Floor | Lads on Tour
- All the Fives | Snakes Alive
- Shotts Bus – Bus route going from Glasgow to Shotts, Scotland.
- Heinz Varieties – Heinz foods logo.
- Make Them Wait
- Brighton Line – Brighton phone numbers used to begin with 59.
- Five Dozen | Grandma’s Getting Frisky
- Bakers Bun
- Turn the Screw | Tickety-Boo
- Tickle Me
- Red Raw | Almost Retired
- Old Age Pension | Retirement Age
- Clickety Click
- Made in Heaven | Stairway to Heaven
- Saving Grace | Pick a Mate | Late For My Tinder Date
- Meal for Two | Either Way Up – The latter means that 69 looks the same upside down.
- Three Score and Ten – 3 x 20 = 60, plus 10.
- Bang on the Drum
- Six Dozen
- Under the Tree | Queen Bee
- Hit the Floor | Candy Store | Recycle More
- Strive and Strive
- Trombones – References The Music Man’s hit song 76 Trombones.
- Two Little Crutches | Sunset Strip – The latter references a popular police TV show called 77 Sunset Strip.
- Haters Gon’ Hate | Heaven’s Gate | 39 More Steps – Another reference to the Hitchcock movie.
- One More Time
- Gandhi’s Breakfast – Gandhi famously said he “ate nothing” (eight nothing).
- Stop and Run
- Straight On Through
- Time for Tea | Gluten Free
- Seven Dozen
- Staying Alive
- Instagram Pics | Between the Sticks – Goalkeepers’ position in soccer (football).
- Torquay in Devon – A famous English seaside resort town.
- Two Fat Ladies | Wills and Kate
- Almost There | Nearly There
- End of the Line | Top of the Shop
Funny Bingo Call Sheet – Free Printable PDF
What if you want to save our list of funny bingo calls so you can have them whenever you play with your friends? We prepared a printable bingo call sheet that you can download for free. Enjoy!
Tips to Be a Funny Bingo Caller
If you love playing bingo, you may eventually want to call the action. The following tips will help you with funny bingo calls and calling games in general.
Understand How to Use the Game EquipmentMost bingo games use similar equipment, whether a roll cage or terminal. Nevertheless, you want to test the equipment beforehand to avoid accidentally canceling a game.
Make Sure Players Understand the RulesEach type of bingo game differs slightly from the next. Some call for a whole house, while others only require five balls in a line. You should announce possible winning ways before beginning the game.
Know the Audience and SettingFunny bingo calls are an excellent way to keep players entertained, but they’re not always appropriate for the setting. For instance, retail parlors want the action moving faster and, thus, don’t like bingo puns.
Popular Online Bingo Games – No Bingo Lingo Needed!
Below are some of the best bingo games you can play at online casinos. Give any of these games a try to have a shot at winning nice prizes.
Plus, you have a themed experience, which helps to provide exciting entertainment from home!
Cataratas Bingo is a game with two unique bonus features that improve your odds of winning. First, embrace the Extra Ball option by requesting another ball when you miss one number at the end of a round. The second feature is a bonus round that will have you spinning a wheel of fortune beside a lucky waterfall!
Bingo Goal is a fun soccer-themed bingo game. You play with four cards and try to trigger the Penalty Kick Bonus to win some star-worthy payouts. You can wager as little as $0.10, making the game affordable for everyone. There’s also a progressive jackpot. Time to put your soccer skills to practice!
With Go-Go Bingo, you win by landing one of the 12 winning patterns. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to do so! At the end of each round, you get one more chance if you’re short a number. The game has an Extra Balls feature that lets you buy up to nine balls. That gives you nine more chances to win an epic payout!
Play Real Money Bingo at the Top Online Casinos
You don’t have to go to a bingo parlor, church, or community center to play bingo. Instead, you can enjoy real money online bingo through your smartphone or tablet! We’ve reviewed many bingo sites and have deemed the following to be the best of the best.
These sites stand out regarding their game selection, casino bonuses, customer support, and banking options. They also feature quick-and-easy signup processes and don’t require large deposits.
|RANK||ONLINE CASINO||BINGO GAMES||BONUS||START|
|1||Wild Casino||BINGO GAMES 4||BONUS 100% up to $5,000||Play Now|
|2||Las Atlantis||BINGO GAMES 0||BONUS 280% up to $14,000||Play Now|
|3||DuckyLuck||BINGO GAMES 7||BONUS 500% up to $7,500||Play Now|
|4||BetUS||BINGO GAMES 1||BONUS 150% up to $3,000||Play Now|
|5||SlotsLV||BINGO GAMES 7||BONUS 200% up to $1,000||Play Now|
Bonus: Bingo Jokes!
Are you hoping to add even more bingo humor to your experience? The following bingo jokes provide the perfect ways to make your friends laugh or lighten the mood as a caller.
Did you hear the good news about the bingo player who had a tumor?
They found out it was B-9.
Why do bingo players take forever to finish pool games?
They play with 90 balls.
How do you get nine old ladies to start cussing?
Have a tenth one yell “BINGO!”
Use Bingo Lingo And Play Like a Pro!
Bingo is already an exciting game, but it becomes even more fun with jokes and puns. As you can see, 90 different bingo number calls and rhymes are available to ramp up the entertainment.
You can check out the online version if you’re looking for quick bingo games without the funny calls. Real money online casinos provide the perfect opportunity to enjoy this fine game without leaving the house.
You can rely on our list of the top online bingo sites for help choosing the best operators. Try various bingo games, including traditional and themed options, to figure out which format you enjoy best.