Online Blackjack Bonuses
Casino sites may offer an online blackjack bonus to their members because they know blackjack players want to have some extra cash to play with. By clearing the wagering requirements while playing their preferred game, they can then profit further. Game-specific bonus promotions target gamblers who don’t want to clear rollover requirements playing video slots, since many blackjack fans find those games to be less entertaining. Casinos might offer a smaller bonus or have a higher wagering requirement, but an online blackjack bonus lets the player start gambling at the virtual 21 table immediately.
This page describes the basics of blackjack bonuses and provides details of the theoretical best online blackjack bonus. Below, you’ll read about the advantages and disadvantages of accepting these promotions, along with precautions you should take when accepting them.
#1 Ranked Online Casino Site
Deposit Options include:
- Uses the Microgaming Software
- Fast Cashouts in Just 1-7 Days
- Online, Mobile, Instant & Live Play
100% up to $1,000100% up to €1,000100% up to £1,000
Deposit Options include:
- Operating in Good Standing Since 1997
- Great Graphics and Sounds that are Updated Frequently
- Fast and Secure Credit Card Deposits
100% up to $200100% up to €140100% up to £100
Deposit Options include:
- Premium 24 Hour Live Support
- Biggest Progressive Jackpots
- Safe and Trustworthy Deposit Options
Compatible with:100% up to $1,000100% up to €1,000100% up to £1,000
Deposit Options include:
- Big Jackpots and Massive Deposit Bonuses
- Over 400 Online Casino Games
- Play Live Dealer Games
100% up to $1,600100% up to €1,600100% up to £1,600
Online Casino Blackjack Bonus Basics
A casino blackjack bonus gives a player house money to wager on blackjack. The player satisfies the promotion’s wagering requirement by betting on online blackjack. The terms and conditions center around variants of 21, so the player doesn’t have to concern themselves with other casino games. Online casinos offer game-specific bonuses for slots, video poker, or other table games like roulette and baccarat if you prefer to play those games.
What is a Blackjack Bonus?
A blackjack bonus is free money offered to players who want to gamble on blackjack. A player usually receives the bonus when making a first deposit, though casinos offer online blackjack bonuses to longtime, loyal players. Daily or weekly bonuses sometimes feature blackjack variants. The money usually appears in your account when you make the deposit, but some casinos require a coupon code. Others provide a free chip when handing out a game-specific bonus.
Anytime you receive an online blackjack bonus, you’ll need to meet a wagering requirement. A wagering requirement (also called a rollover or playthrough requirement) is a condition for withdrawing the bonus cash. A player can’t simply accept a bonus and withdraw the money immediately, but instead must wager the bonus a certain number of times before cashing out. Because of the house edge, this means most players can’t expect to withdraw the full bonus, but they’ll be able to cash out winnings, if they get lucky.
Blackjack Bonus Advantages
- No Risk Required: The bonus money is a no-risk chance to receive winnings. A blackjack bonus is the equivalent of house money, where you play for free and don’t risk you own bankroll.
- Lowers the House Edge: Players should look at bonus money like they do comps in a brick-and-mortar casino. If you receive a chance to win without risk, this lowers the effective house edge of the game. If you’re going to be playing anyway, then accepting the blackjack bonus increases the chances you’ll have more money when your gaming is complete.
- No Video Slot Machines: You don’t have to play slots or other games to satisfy the wagering requirement. Most dedicated blackjack players don’t want to waste their time playing slot machines to satisfy their wagering requirement, so a blackjack bonuses circumvent that need.
- Practicing Blackjack: A blackjack bonus lets a new player gain experience without risking their own cash. It also allows a player to test the game menu and player controls. These promotions are good for practice and research, though players should know that free games are available for practice, too.
- Testing the Casino: It’s a good way to learn whether you can trust a casino. We recommend players research their casino choices beforehand. If that isn’t your style, then playing with online blackjack bonus money lets you test whether the operator is fair. If they have sneaky terms on their bonus cash, then they’re likely to be untrustworthy with their regular betting, too.
Blackjack Bonus Disadvantages
- Tougher Terms and Conditions: The terms and conditions for blackjack bonuses are usually tougher. The sizes of online blackjack bonuses are usually lower for blackjack than slots, because the house edge is lower. The wagering requirement is higher for blackjack than slots, for the same reason.
- Blackjack Bonuses Are Rarer: Not every casino has an online blackjack bonus. If you can’t find a blackjack-specific bonus, search for a table game bonus. This includes a more general list of games like baccarat or roulette, but includes blackjack variants.
- Capped Winnings: Some bonuses have a cashout limit. Many no-deposit bonuses worth $10 might have a withdrawal limit of $100, for instance. If you win $200, you’ll only be able to withdraw $100. It’s still a good deal, but understand there might be a cap on your winnings.
- Time Limits: Many casinos put a time limit on their bonuses. Make certain to satisfy the requirements before the time limit expires or the cashier might void your winnings. Pay special attention to this requirement. Ask the staff in Live Chat what the time limit is.
- Special Restrictions: Casinos often hide special limitations for games with a low house edge. Read the player FAQ or the T&C page to make certain the promotion doesn’t have fine print. In some cases, the best version of blackjack is on the list of restricted games.
Blackjack Bonus Codes
Blackjack bonus codes are usually a combination of letters and numbers. The bonus code is simply a code word that tells the online casino to trigger the blackjack bonus available. When you make your deposit, you’ll notice an empty box labeled bonus code, and here is where you input the appropriate password to earn your bonus.
Not all bonuses require codes for activation, so make sure you read the Terms and Conditions of each blackjack bonus carefully. Regular players may also be sent private bonus codes via email, which can be used on their next deposit to earn the extra free cash.
How to Use a Blackjack Bonus
Below is a step-by-step guide to finding, accepting, and using a blackjack bonus. Each casino is a little different, but the basic process is similar throughout the gaming industry. You’ll need to research a little longer for the best online blackjack bonus, because they are not as commonplace as the slots bonus.
Find the Blackjack Bonus
Find a casino that offers a blackjack bonus. Make sure the offer is blackjack-specific and not a general bonus. Once you find the offer you want, sign up for a casino account or log into your existing account.
Check the Bonus Information
Locate the blackjack bonus information on the promotions page. Check to make sure if the bonus uses a bonus code, which the cashier department sometimes sends to your email. Many casinos allow players to automatically pick the bonus they want when making a deposit.
Remember to make sure the blackjack bonus is what you are looking for and can be used at your preferred online casino.
Use the Blackjack Bonus
Go to the cashier page in your casino account, where you make a deposit. Once you get to the section marked “Bonus Code” or “Use a Bonus”, make sure to input the correct information. Wait for the deposit to go through and the bonus should hit the account within seconds.
Start playing any of the approved blackjack games that contribute 100% to the wagering requirement. The full list of accepted games is found on the “terms and conditions” section of the promotions page.
The blackjack-specific bonuses will always contribute 100% towards the rollover requirement. If you use any other type of online casino bonus, be sure to check how much blackjack contributes, as it may be low.
Best Blackjack Bonuses
Not all casinos offer the same blackjack bonus in terms of amounts, match rates, or even wagering requirements. In fact, there are huge disparities between the bonuses being offered. For that reason, we recommend that players use our recommended and reputable online casinos, as we’ve picked the best blackjack bonuses from our list of reviewed sites.
Las Vegas USA
Las Vegas USA Casino is a US-friendly online casino with the best blackjack bonus in the United States gaming market. The offer is spread over your first several payments, while the match rate is an excellent 150%. Your membership level in LasVegasUSA’s 5-tier VIP program determines the size of the wagering requirement required on this offer.
|BONUS AMOUNT||MATCH RATE||ROLLOVER|
|$3,000||150%||X50 – x90|
Bovada Casino is another US-facing online casino which allows blackjack to satisfy its wagering requirements. This is an example of a general games bonus where blackjack’s match rate is only 10%.
|BONUS AMOUNT||MATCH RATE||ROLLOVER|
These are the online casinos that offer the best blackjack bonuses, but players should check out our other casinos reviews to see if they find one they prefer. Every blackjack player has their own needs and wants, and OnlineUnitedStatesCasinos contains reviews of the best sites on the Internet in all categories. Our site provides the best US online casinos, as well as casinos that cater to international gamblers.
Precautions about Blackjack Bonuses
Some online casinos seem to offer excellent blackjack bonuses, but players should proceed with caution. Read the fine print on the terms and conditions page, as well as the online FAQ. In some cases, the wagering requirement or limitations make a terrific-seeming welcome bonus much less favorable. If a blackjack bonus offer seems too good to be true, then it might be. If a casino offers a $150 blackjack bonus with a 50x wagering requirement, then it isn’t worth the time and effort to accept the deal.
Blackjack Play for Rollover
Casinos which offer general bonuses often include blackjack, but with a smaller contribution rate. A contribution rate describes how much a game contributes to the wagering requirement. If you see a game with a 100% contribution rate, then every $1 wagered contributes $1 to the rollover. If you see a game with a 50% contribution rate, then every $1 wagered contributes only 50-cents to the rollover requirement.
When accepting a non-specific welcome bonus, always look at the fine print for the contribution rate. Games like blackjack usually contribute a very small percentage, like 10% of each wager. When you accept these offers, you’ll have to gamble 10x the normal amount to meet the playthrough requirement.
Bonus Time Limits
Most bonus offers have a fixed time limit for the player to clear the wagering requirement. If you let the time expire, then you won’t be able to withdraw the bonus. Online casinos have several common times limits, including 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days. Some sites have a 7-day time limit, so be cognizant of the expiration date on blackjack bonuses. If the time limit is too short, it might not merit accepting the blackjack bonus over more general casino bonuses.
Blackjack-specific bonus promotions are not the end-all, be-all of an online casino experience, but they are nice perks which lower the house edge under the right circumstances. If an online casino offers a good wagering requirement and you play a lot of online blackjack, then you should take advantage of blackjack bonuses. Be opportunistic when an online casino offers a bonus which dovetails with your gaming habits.
Always check the terms and conditions of any bonus you want to use, to make sure it is a perk rather than a hassle. If you find that a blackjack bonus changes the way you play, then it might not be the right offer for you. When you find the right offer, it lowers the overall house edge and enhances your blackjack betting experience.