Online keno derives is fame and popularity from the land based casinos and their keno lounges. It provides the same gameplay and rules that gamblers love about regular keno. There are many casino sites that provide online keno as a gambling option.
This page will help you learn the rules and how to play online keno with our easy step-by-step guide. We also provide a list of the best online casinos for keno online that players can join. Learn about the online keno strategy that players can use to play their best. Take a look at our in-depth online keno guide and strategy to play keno for real money.
Best Online Keno Casinos
#1 Ranked Online Casino Site
Deposit Options include:
- Uses the Microgaming Software
- Fast Cashouts in Just 1-7 Days
- Online, Mobile, Instant & Live Play
100% up to $250100% up to €250100% up to £250
Deposit Options include:
- Operating in Good Standing Since 1997
- Great Graphics and Sounds that are Updated Frequently
- Fast and Secure Credit Card Deposits
100% up to $200100% up to €140100% up to £100
Deposit Options include:
- Premium 24 Hour Live Support
- Biggest Progressive Jackpots
- Safe and Trustworthy Deposit Options
Compatible with:$1000 Free€1000 Free£1000 Free
Deposit Options include:
- Big Jackpots and Massive Deposit Bonuses
- Over 400 Online Casino Games
- Play Live Dealer Games
Compatible with:$1600 Free€1600 Free£1600 Free
Online Keno is easy to learn and requires little more than choosing your numbers and hoping to hit as many of them as possible. While the edge in online Keno lies squarely in the house’s favor, playing a few rounds while resting provides a generous risk to reward ratio. Players that still want to learn more about Online Keno and have questions about the game, they can check out our online Keno FAQ.
With the introduction of Australian Casinos and the U.K. Casinos, many gamblers have taken to playing Keno online during the last two decades. US players also have access to online casinos but have more restrictions. Do not fear, as we provide the best USA casinos to play online Keno players can choose from.
How to Play Online Keno
To the uninitiated, a game of Keno will most resemble an American lottery like Powerball. Players are equipped with an 8×10 grid containing the numbers 1 through 80 in sequential order. There may be terms used that you are not familiar with and you may want to learn the online keno terms for when you play.
Objective of Keno Online
The objective of keno is to mark anywhere between one and 15 numbers on the card, before watching to see how many of the numbers you’ve chosen are selected during a randomized 20 number drawing. The more numbers you hit, the more you win.
Playing keno in a land based casino involves filling out paper tickets with a tiny pencil and handing it over to a runner for safe keeping, but the online game is streamlined and efficient. When you visit most online casinos the game is presented to players via an intuitive interface which allows for quick wagering and easy to understand payouts. Wherever you decide to play keno online the game-play will be simple and straightforward.
Four Easy Steps to Playing Online Keno
First, you’ll select a wager amount, typically beginning at $0.25 and moving up from $1 to $5 and so on. After you’ve decided on a wager, the next task is to choose your group of numbers for the next drawing. You can select anywhere from a single number up to 15 numbers per game, but the payouts are minimal when a lower amount of numbers is selected.
Pick the Numbers
Most players select 10 numbers when hitting the keno lounge because this amount offers a plausible chance at hitting several numbers, giving them a chance at winning significant payouts. The keno game operated by many online casinos makes this even easier by offering a convenient quick pick feature. Pressing the green quick pick button automatically selects a random allotment of 10 numbers on a player’s card.
Select Number of Draws
Once you’ve selected your numbers for the game, the last step is to decide how many draws you would like to run using the same card. Again, the online version of keno found in established online casinos streamlines the process by including point and click functionality. By choosing Play 1, Play 5, or Play 10, you can easily direct the game to run your preferred number of draws.
The Results and Getting Paid
The computer will tally your results instantaneously, and every time your card manages to match enough numbers during a draw, the appropriate winnings will be credited to your account.
Wikipedia has a good overview of keno. While I don’t always trust the information on Wikipedia because of how easy it is to edit the pages, the keno page is a nice resource.
Best Places to Play Online Keno
During the rush to digitize the casino landscape, classic table games like blackjack and baccarat and slot machines dominated the early days, but online keno is making a comeback.
Below we have a list of some of the best real money online casinos for keno. We have split them up into two categories, International and US casinos; to make it easier for players to select the site that caters to them. Read the casino review to make sure they offer you everything you want and need, especially when it comes to online keno and other games.
Top US Online Keno Casinos
- Traditional Keno
- Instant Keno 40-Ball
- Instant Keno 80-Ball
- Klub Keno 40-Ball
- Video Keno
When you sign up at BetOnline you can receive up to $1,000 in Welcome Bonus to play at your favorite Keno games.
For those other US players that want other options to pick from can check out our extensive casino reviews section and select their preferred option.
International Keno Casinos
With the expansions of online gambling throughout the world, we can now find a huge variety of gambling sites. If you are looking for an international casino to play real money keno this is our recommendation:
Take advantage of Betways £1,000 Welcome Bonus when you sign up and play.
There are plenty of other casinos international players can find online keno at. The players in Australia can try their luck at the top Australian casinos. Those in Great Britain can find reputable UK casinos that cater especially to them.
Online Keno Strategy
When playing online keno for real money, the first thing to keep in mind is that this lottery style diversion is accurately deemed a game of chance by statistical experts. This means that players have no way of influencing their chances of winning, or of reducing the house’s inherent edge. In the case of keno online, that house edge stands at approximately 30 percent, which means over the long run you’ll encounter a steep hill to climb toward potential profitability.
Of course, knowing this information is half the battle, because when you approach online keno as a low risk, high reward proposition, the game’s beauty becomes apparent. By betting just a few dollars and hoping for the best, a lucky draw can sometimes result in a massive score.
By examining the sample paytable below, you can easily assess your chances of hitting a major payout while playing the standard assortment of keno number selections. Additionally, the table includes the average payouts for various jackpot scenarios when placing a $1 bet.
|Numbers Selected and Hit||Odds of Hitting (1 in X)||Average Payout of $1 Wager|
|10 out of 10||8,911,711||$25,000|
|9 out of 10||163,381||$4,000|
|8 out of 10||7,384||$1,000|
|7 out of 10||621||$140|
|6 out of 10||87||$20|
|8 out of 8||230,114||$25,000|
|7 out of 8||6,232||$1,480|
|6 out of 8||423||$90|
|7 out of 7||40,979||$8,100|
|6 out of 7||1,366||$400|
|6 out of 6||7,752||$1,480|
|5 out of 6||323||$90|
As the table illustrates, a savvy keno player’s best chances of winning big money on a small bet comes from choosing six, seven, or eight numbers on a card. By doing so, rather than splurging on 10 or more numbers, you can still chase significant returns in excess of 25,000 to 1 on your money while going up against far more favorable odds. You’ll always be a longshot of course, but by sticking to six, seven, and eight numbers while playing online keno, you stand to lose just a little or win a whole lot more.
Play Real Money Keno
The game of keno is one that is quite popular in online and land-based form. Online keno for real money is a great way to win quick cash and have fun at the same time. Similar to a lottery game, keno is easy to play and requires no major strategy. You simply pick your numbers and wait for the drawing, hoping to see a match! If you match the numbers drawn, then you win a prize.
There are several ways to play real money keno games. Below are a few examples so you can determine which way you want to play the game.
- Video Keno: this version is similar to a slot machine. This is a solo game and not one that you play along with others, as you would with traditional keno. This game provides quality graphics and an individualized experience, perfect for the solo gambler.
- Traditional Land-Based Keno: one of the most popular gambling games available in the United States is traditional keno. Keno in the USA is highly prevalent, easily found in bars and restaurants across the nation. Choose to play and hopefully win a prize based on your number picks.
- Online Keno: with this option, players will need to find a top-rated online casino to enjoy the game. Online keno for real money can be played in the USA at such establishments as BetOnline. At BetOnline, several variations of keno can be enjoyed, giving players a nice variety of the game. This online casino even offers a nice 100% Casino Welcome Bonus, helping you to build a bigger bankroll.
- Specialty Versions: keno comes in many forms and will vary on appearance and game play based on where you find the game. With online keno for real money, such games as Klub Keno at BetOnline make for an exciting and fun way to play the game. Special animations and sounds make the game come alive, instead of playing the traditional and perhaps what some would say, boring version of the game.
Play Live Keno for Real Money
Keno in the USA is easy to find. Across the nation, lotteries, as well as casinos, offer the game in a variety of forms. Players may be able to enjoy the game in their home state or travel to neighboring states to gain access to the game. Below are a few examples of where you can find popular versions of live keno.
- The Plaza Hotel & Casino: of course, Las Vegas is full of casino gaming options, including keno. At this casino, players will find the games run every five to eight minutes and a live Keno lounge. Games are on offer from 8 am until midnight, giving visitors plenty of time to try the game.
- Delaware: in this state, live keno games are quite prevalent. The game can be found at bars and taverns as well as restaurants and gas stations.
- Foxwoods Casino: at this gaming venue in Connecticut, keno fans will be able to play the game with a drawing taking place every six minutes. Players can choose to pick up to 15 numbers for a straight ticket or play the 20 number Pequot progressive game.
- Michigan Lottery: in this state, the lottery offers three forms of keno, Instant Keno, Instant Keno Multiplier and Fuzz Ball Keno. Tickets start at $0.10 for most games and go as high as $20 per game.
Live keno can be played in many forms from using a machine to pick numbers or a ticket. Either way, you choose a series of numbers and hope that during the drawing, your picks are chosen! If they are, you will win cash based on the amount of numbers you were able to match.
If you want to see results and drawings for many live keno games across the United States check out keno USA. They list over 40 casinos with live keno action.
Though online keno is never a good bet as far as a low house edge, it gives you a chance to win $10,000 or more for a single one dollar wager. You won’t find many other games in a casino that offer a higher payout for such a small bet. When you play real money keno, make sure you use our recommended online casinos for better safety and faster payouts.